1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Interesting upgrade. Has anyone tried this.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by igme, Jun 30, 2009.

1. igme

igme Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I found this item on ebay and was wondering if anybody has tried it already. Item 130288478252

Sorry I can't post a URL because I am getting this error:

"You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 5 posts or more. If you have a link to a news item or tip that you would like to share, please use the Contact link at the bottom right of this page."

2. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. igme

igme Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks...

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I've seen it before when they just offered it.

I haven't tried it. I'd rather go to powerbulbs (.com) to get my bulbs. Even though they're overseas, there's free shipping and their prices are very very reasonable.

5. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I converted my driving lights to HID (true HID with the power unit) several years ago. Just do a eBay search for HID kits. As long as you know the bulb number in the stock fog light they can sell you the kit to replace it. All plug and play.

If I recall it was about $150 for the kit and took me about 1 hour to install. The most time consuming part was removing the front bumper cover to mount the HID power units where they would be secure and out of the way. Everything else was very easy. Removing the front bumper is not difficult, just a lot of fasteners to deal with.

6. bino

bino JDM ZVW30

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I also have converted my fog lights to HID... I used 3000k for the fog lights... I also changed the stock D2R 4300K headlight bulb to 6000k ones....