1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

interface

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by Kedavis, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Kedavis

Kedavis Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I picked up my 4th Prius last week. I wish I could have kept the old user interface. The screen is taller but narrower than my 2016 Prius 4 Touring. The back-up camera only uses the top of the screen, so my total image size is smaller than my last car.
    I also can't customize the home screen as I could on my last car. I'm stuck with what they gave me.
    The phone favorites on my last car let me set "Dad mobile" but this one only lets me set "Dad" as a favorite. When I want to make a call, I have to choose which number to use. I don't trust voice recognition to get it right, so calling is more difficult than in my last car where I had "Dad mobile" on my home screen, so I could simply press one button. On this car it's phone | favorites | Dad | mobile.
    The radio app has the scan button buried two or three levels down, and there are other audio options that take more work to find than on my last car.
    Climate control requires more button-pushing and looking at the dashboard rather than the windshield.
    The adaptive cruise control requires me to set the distance every time I use it, as with my last car. A new annoyance is that the EV Mode/EV Auto toggle resets every time you start the car, and more than once I've forgotten to set it to auto for highway driving.
    I'm liking the HUD. I only use it for the speedometer as I don't need to keep a constant watch on energy use and it would be distracting. I did notice that with polarized sunglasses I can barely see the HUD.
    (Non-electronics related) At least they restored the two hand grips on the hatchback (2013 Prius 3 had two grips, 2016 Prius 4 Touring had one). On the down side, the hatchback door seems heavier on my 2019 Prime Advanced.
    On the plus side again, my gas gauge is still on full after ten days and I think 80 miles. I've run on EV almost the entire time.

#1 Kedavis, Jul 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2019