1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Interior cargo dimensions in inches?

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by CindyCook123, Jun 29, 2019.

1. CindyCook123

CindyCook123 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I am new to the Prius and chatting forum. Not sure where to look for information on the dimensions on a 2012 Prius V station wagon interior cargo area with the seats down from the back of the driver seat and passenger seats to the end of the back area hatchback area? I'm needing to travel a distance to pick up something larger and not sure if it will fit. Thanks for your help.

2. Sooner Al

Sooner Al Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
  3. Offline

Offline Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    A limitation of the Prius v when it comes to carrying large objects is that the rear seats do not fold flat. While a large object might fit into the hatch opening, the upwardly rising floor can cause the front of the object to contact the headliner. So .. be sure to verify that the object you need to carry will not contact the headliner above the rear seats.

If the object won't fit in your Prius v and you can't con a friend into helping you retrieve the object with her/his larger vehicle, renting a van might be an option. Minivan rentals at regular car rental companies usually come with unlimited mileage and are usually in a lower cost category. Although I'm not a fan of Chrysler/Dodge vehicles, most have 2nd and 3rd row seats that stow into the floor and provide a flat floor behind the front seats.

4. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Also we need info on the object in question, something long like a 10-ft kayak can sometimes "almost" fit by additionally putting the front seat down...