1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Interior Fuse Box

Discussion in 'Prime Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by James Cooper, Jan 14, 2022.

1. James Cooper

James Cooper Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Today I blew the fuse for the No. 1 power outlet while using a Viair tire inflator. I found the two fuse boxes under the hood but I cannot find the fuse box inside the car. The manual kind of shows were the box is via a drawing but I see no fuse box and I have firmly pulled on every part of the area indicated in the manual but I cannot find the fuse box.

Can someone post a photograph of where the fuse box is located inside the vehicle? It would be a big help to me.

2. pghyndman

pghyndman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Here ya' go:

Attached Files:

Raytheeagle and Salamander_King like this.
  3. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It is very hard to see it under the dash. It's located further to the front and left of the car from the OBDII plug. You really have to be laying on the floor with your head facing up to see it. Here is the photo. The green thing is the OBD adaptor in the OBDII plug. The photo is looking up to the underside of the dash taken with selfy mode if that helps to orient the location.

upload_2022-1-14_21-35-12.png

upload_2022-1-14_21-1-43.png

pghyndman and Elektroingenieur like this.
  4. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    BTW, the Viair inflator is really good. I have one but even the smallest portable one 70P which I own has the spec of Max. Amp/Watt Draw: 15A/180W. PP and almost all of the passenger cars I have seen have the 12v outlet with a 10A fuse which is too small for the max draw of the Viair inflator. If you need to use it off of the car's 12v battery, you will have to use a direct connection to the 12v battery posts using the alligator clip extension cord like this. Yep, I have blown the fuse on my car using my Viair 70P before.

upload_2022-1-14_21-55-20.png

Raytheeagle and pghyndman like this.
  5. James Cooper

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Thank you, I'm sure that I can find it now with your help. Thank you for taking the time to snap a photo!

Salamander_King likes this.
  6. James Cooper

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Thank you for taking the time to reply to my query but from the diagram in the owner's manual I still couldn't find it.

7. James Cooper

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    View attachment 221464 [/QUOTE]

Thank you. Great idea. I'm on Amazon right now buying one. Thanks for the suggestion.