1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Interior Leak, Not AC, Not WindShield

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Kehmna, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Kehmna

Kehmna New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have a significant leak that accumulates under the gas pedal and seems to be coming from the the front center of my car. I did have the windshield replaced 2 years ago and returned to my reputable auto body shop where they called in their windshield guy who tested it and determined the water was not coming from the breach in the windshield. I have checked the AC line and that does not appear to be clogged. I completely vacuumed the standing water last evening, left a heater running all night and this morning the floor was seemingly dry. I drove my car approx 5 miles to work and at the end of the day, after sitting in a sunny parking lot, the floor board is again saturated. Ugh! Any ideas?

2. tankyuong

tankyuong Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    Check door seals

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    how is the coolant level?

4. ASRDogman

ASRDogman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Heater core leaking? Check the engine coolant as bisco said.
    Even though the a/c drain is clear, the housing could be crasked and leaking.
    Why is there a breach in the windshield? It should be glued around the whole thing.

vlxerdon likes this.