1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Interior Led Ambient Lighting - Flex-LED

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by SudeepHArya, May 12, 2014.

1. SudeepHArya

SudeepHArya Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Has anyone had any experience using this lighting I have the link here on Amazon

I am specifically looking for
    • Overall quality
    • ease of installation
    • personal experience with the product
    • impact on battery
    • tips and tricks installing the light strips
    • any pictures?

2. GregP507

GregP507 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I haven't used them, nor am I likely to, but green LEDs are among the most efficient of all LEDs. I don't think power consumption will be a problem. Quality is not usually an issue with LEDs, unless they are being driven by over-voltage.

LEDs are still rapidly evolving. I had LED interior light installed in my Corolla a year ago, and already, a year later the newer ones are rated for double the luminous output.

3. KhaPhoRa

KhaPhoRa Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    While not the same product, I've used those flexible led strips and I think they're great. I used XKTTSUEERCRR 16.4FT SMD 5050 Water-resistant 300LEDs RGB Flexible LED Strip Light Lamp Kit + 44Key IR Remote Controller by XKTtsueercrr XKTTSUEERCRR 16.4FT SMD 5050 Water-resistant 300LEDs RGB Flexible LED Strip Light Lamp Kit + 44Key IR Remote Controller - Landscape Lighting Transformers - Amazon.com in a reptile terrarium with great results. The one I linked to changes colors and has a variety of shades of white. I don't recall the input voltage. While they are very flexible, they only flex in one direction, so compound curves are out if you want to keep the led strip flat against a surface. The one I have is dimmable as well, and the bright setting is quite bright. Here is my setup, I glued (the included "adhesive" sucks) the strip around the top rim. You can trim it to any length (in clearly marked spots only, about 3" apart). Great stuff and affordable. Sorry I can't answer your vehicle specific questions. [​IMG]

Edit I just realized yours are green, here are mine in green: [​IMG]
    There are different shades of green to choose from as well. If you are interested I'll get out my meter and check the power usage with the strip (which will obviously change depending on length)

4. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Didn't use this particular brand but I do similar in a water fountain, submerged in the water since the las 2 years.
    Mine has an electronic controller for different color shades, fades and transitions. Never a problem

5. GregP507

GregP507 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Poor reptiles don't know which planet they're on...

6. KhaPhoRa

KhaPhoRa Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    When watching Through the Wormhole and discussing theoretical physics with Jo-Jo I always remind him we are on earth. He typically pauses, looks around to make sure he's not being punk'd, then slowly nods.. Someday he'll just accept it as fact.