1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Interior LED Install Question

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by kmkremer, Mar 18, 2013.

1. kmkremer

kmkremer Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    For those of you who have replaced the interior lights with LED's, what is the secret to removing the cover over the dome light in the rear roof area? I did a search and saw some comments about seperating the clear cover from the surrounding plastic trim. There are 2 indents on the front edge between the lens and the trim but I can't get it to budge. I'm afraid I'm going to crack the cover. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Austin5

Austin5 Go Bruins

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    flat head screwdriver, pry at the two indents, it will come, have done it twice, no breaks.

Careful. The bulb will be hot if its been on.. For some reason seemed WAY hotter than the front ones.

3. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I use a Xcelite "Greenie" Model R3322,
    OK it's the engineer in me, any small blade that will not snap will do, slowly work the tab on the lens housing until it pops out. It just takes patience!
    Monkey Wrenches should not be required at any point!

4. kmkremer

kmkremer Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    That's good to hear. My knuckles are scraped, my ego is bruised and my patience is gone for the night. I'll make another run at it tomorrow.