1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Interior Lighting

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by gwav64, May 12, 2016.

1. gwav64

gwav64 New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I love the blue backlighting of all the controls and the tiny white light that shines down softly on the Qi wireless charging space. I have seen many other cars with orange or red backlighting of the controls that are both ugly, too bright (at any setting), and extremely distracting. Toyota got it right with classy, premium feel interior lighting!

JohnF likes this.
  2. DGuy21

DGuy21 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Agreed! One other nice touch is swapping out your existing interior lights with LEDs - makes for a nice touch.

gwav64, krmcg and ETP like this.
  3. ETP

ETP 2021 Prime(Limit),Highlander HYB Plat,B52-D,G,F,H

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I am touched too.:LOL:

gwav64 likes this.
  4. Philthunder

Philthunder Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius PHV
    Model:
    Excel
    I have replaced most of the bulbs for LED but am having trouble removing the reading light unit.
    Ok I have searched all the threads and have got nowhere! I have tried levers from all directions, I have managed to lift the clear cover from the edges, but the middle remains fast, I have lifted the front edge snapped ,one clip off the front, I have lifted the edge of the piece separating the plastic with the big main switch from the clear plastic. So far it will not separate. I have used trim levers and screwdrivers HELP[​IMG] I have not tried removing the whole unit though!

Attached Files:

5. Cshigeok

Cshigeok Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    you have to remove the whole unit to access the lights, I ordered a plastic car dash removal kit from amazon to get plastic tools that wont damage the vehicle. it is spooky at first but I have done it twice. I went from stock to blue leds and now am running cool white lights =)

RCO likes this.