1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Interior of Prime

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by lmans66, Aug 8, 2018.

1. lmans66

lmans66 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Was reading a few reviews of the prime and most of them will simply state that Prime lacks a nice interior. But I have to wonder what they are comparing it to and at what 'price point'?

I was in a new Camry the other day and it appeared to have less padding, less 'richness' etc...than the prime. But does the Camry get the 'lacking of Interior comfort' like the Prime gets in reviews?

If I want to double my money, perhaps I get more inside, but why....the Prime is comfy.

What does anyone see on this, as you get in and out of other cars? Is the Prime better, the same, or worse?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    probably not another toyota. maybe a civic or something? who knows, most reviewers are just talking heads.

benagi, HPrimeAdvanced and padroo like this.
  3. Bob Comer

Bob Comer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    And talking heads hate the Prius for some reason.

HPrimeAdvanced and bisco like this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    doesn't go vroom vroom.:rolleyes:

EyePrime and HPrimeAdvanced like this.
  5. Bob Comer

Bob Comer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    It gives a good imitation of vroom vroom off the line in EV mode, but I really don't understand why a fast car would be better for a daily commute. (according to those talking heads)

ClemsonSteve likes this.
  6. padroo

padroo Senior Member

Chesterton, Indiana Another third world country.
    Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    You are lucky with the auto reviews of the Prime, they will slow down in short time.
    I own a 1999 Plymouth Prowler and after 20 years after production they are still slamming it.
    The funny thing is they are holding their resale value much higher than a Corvette.
    Enjoy your Prime, if you like it that is what counts.

Glenn G and HPrimeAdvanced like this.
  7. Bob Comer

Bob Comer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I gotta admit the prowler is at least a cool looking car, though I never drove one.

If I didn't have my longish commute, I'm not sure what I'd want, maybe a Subaru, or a used Tesla, or even a used C-MAX. (I don't think ford makes the C-MAX Energi any more) Or I'd still be driving a Prius most likely. :)

8. BrettEG

BrettEG Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    As far as Prius' go, I test drove a 2018 IV, and a 2018 Prime. I went with the Prime - one of the reasons was the IV interior felt "chincy" compared to the Prime. Really like the feel of the interior. I know it is not a "luxury" automobile - but it feels like it to me!

ClemsonSteve likes this.
  9. Glenn G

Glenn G Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium

A blast from the - not too distant past. Is it Yellow or Purple? Looks like a fun car to drive.

padroo likes this.
  10. padroo

padroo Senior Member

Chesterton, Indiana Another third world country.
    Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My Prowler is black and it is fun to drive and gets a lot of attention. If you are looking for a car to pamper your butt, a Prowler is not for you. We went to Chrysler headquarters in Auburn Hills Michigan for a CEMA auto show last year and it was the 25th Anniversary for the Viper and the 20th for the Prowler. The engineers were there that designed the cars and you could talk to them. One guy walked up and asked me if this was my Prowler and I said yes. He said I built your car. He went on to say he was on the assembly line while all the Prowlers were being built and helped build every car at the show including mine. Kind of neat.

Since2002 likes this.
  11. Glenn G

Glenn G Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Sounds great. As I recall, they were offered in Yellow and Purple, and now that you mention it, I think Black
    was available in later years. A very unique car - to those that haven't seen one - it looks kind of like a 50's Hot Rod.