1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Interior Rattle! 2014 PiP

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Kurt Weiske, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Kurt Weiske

Kurt Weiske Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I've got a 2014 PiP and have an annoying rattle - it sounds like plastic on plastic, coming from the interior rear seat or trunk area. I can't find anything obviously loose, has anyone heard/fixed a problem with their Prius? If so, what was causing the rattle?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Just one? :p

3. QuantumFireball

QuantumFireball Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    I found some large pliers and other various junk underneath the rear seat base, from previous owners and or inattentive mechanics. It just pulls out so worth checking.

I find the rear spoiler can rattle on cold days too, or something around the tailgate. It's fine when it's warmer.

4. Kurt Weiske

Kurt Weiske Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hmmm. I'll check the jack and the lug wrench under the driver's seat - thanks for the tip.

5. Pluggo

Pluggo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Not to rattle you any further, these sounds will trick you into swearing they're in one place when they throw their sound from an unrelated location. I suggest you begin by emptying both glove boxes, the center console storage, door pockets and anywhere else you laid anything down. I'm betting the sound will clear up at that point.