1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

interior trim fit?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by HDuncan, Apr 13, 2015.

1. HDuncan

HDuncan Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    My new prius seems like it has had a lot of the interior panels on and off before, and I'm noticing fitment issues.

For instance, the trim on the walls in the back by the hatch dont fit tightly where they should anymore. Seems like maybe they are missing clips and sagging a little.

Other areas like exterior panel rear wheel well the gap between the bottom of the rear quarter panel and the panel above it are not lining up, like a mising clip or bolt causing the bottom of the wheel well to flare out.

Any ideas on how to fix these issues? can I get more clips/bolts somewhere?

#1 HDuncan, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You can get the correct plastic fasteners at any Toyota dealer's parts counter.

HDuncan likes this.
  3. HDuncan

HDuncan Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Thanks! Do I just bring the ones I need more of? Do you know how expensive they tend to be?

4. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Bring in a sample and tell them where it's from. Make sure what they give you matches what you have. They can be pricy, I bought 4 little plastic bumper clips for $10+. They are cheaper online if you need a lot

HDuncan likes this.