1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

intermittent buzzing noise

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Matthew J Anderson, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Matthew J Anderson

Matthew J Anderson New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I am at a loss. I hear a buzzing noise intermittently, when the car is driving, when the car is off, and just sitting in the car sometimes. I don't know where it is coming from, or why?? Toyota claims they couldn't hear the buzzing noise when I brought it in for them to look at it. Any suggestions? IDK if I can attach a vid of the noise which I recorded on my tablet, but I'll try. If it sucessfully adds onto this thread, listen all the way towards the end, and you will hear the buzzing noise eventually.

2. AzWxGuy

AzWxGuy Weather Guy

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    You are familiar with all the various normal noises a Prius makes? There is a periodic noise that it makes, usually only when it is on (made READY) and you press the brake pedal a couple three times. That is the power brake system pressurizing. It also does this when you first open the driver side door, preparing for use. You probably already know about this noise though. You say it makes the noise when the car is off, just sitting. Couldn't be some sort of vibration then. Hmm. Any non-stock electronics installed in the vehicle? Security system? Have you considered tinnitus?