1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Intermittent C0210 *and* C0215 codes (plus ABS, VCS, BRAKE lights)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by utterprius, Jul 20, 2018.

1. utterprius

utterprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 2008 Prius, 170,000 miles, which recently developed an intermittent problem.

The dash Brake, ABS, and VCS lights all come on together – but only intermittently.

I used Techstream to check codes, and C0210 (Rear speed sensor RH circuit) and C0215 (Rear speed sensor RH circuit) both came up.

I've read lots of posts that describe problems with wear and tear on the ABS sensor and/or sensor connector. But, it seems unlikely that long term wear and tear would trigger both codes, the exact same day, on both right rear and left rear sensors.

Is there another part that might account for this, i.e. *both* rear sensors seemingly malfunctioning but not the front sensors?

I checked the 12V battery and all seems to be in order there.

(One other clue: Although not very scientific, the intermittent nature of the lights coming on does perhaps seem to be corresponding to outside temperature: they seem to come on when it's a very hot day and seem not to when it's cooler. Everything has been fine up until a recent hot spell.)

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hi ,

The Repair Manual describes some specific wheel speed sensor tests (beyond just reading the reported trouble codes) that should quickly point you in the direction of whatever is up with your car. You would also be able to check the wiring diagram, where you might be interested in how the wiring is routed, and what parts of it travel through common locations and connectors, after starting out at the two different rear corners.

-Chap