1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Intermittent exterior door lock button

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Eisenson, Feb 27, 2005.

1. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

I think the reason behind the wait time is so you don't accidentally unlock the door with the sensor at the back of the handle when pushing the black button.

2. Kyle Pehrson

Kyle Pehrson Member

Dan the wait time has nothing to do with this thread except that I always forget something in the car and have unlock after I lock it. ha ha

3. Eisenson

Eisenson New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I installed a fresh battery, and a couple of days later it happened again. This time, instead of pushing the fob button to lock the car, I experimented. The next day it happened again, and I repeated the experiment. Two tests don't make a solid statistical base, but...

When the fob is in my pocket and happens to be mixed with coins, the problem may arise. When I remove it from my pocket, or simply re-arrange the coin-fob mixture, the problem goes away. In other words, it appears that the metal coins caused the problem. I have no idea why that would have occurred now, after a year. My habits are the same...

4. Kyle Pehrson

Kyle Pehrson Member

I'm working on a theory, bad oscillators. I have not had one to test but on Monday I have one that the SKS is not working on the two front doors.
    There is a lot of test to do before we can know for sure I will let you all know. But this is the first inoperative and not intermittent I have had.