1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

intermittent phone calls

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mendota1, Jun 1, 2017.

1. mendota1

mendota1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I've taken my 2015 Prius into the dealership several time for a blue tooth issue. It intermittently
    calls my own cell phone number, interrupting the radio , etc. It's intermittent, but an
    annoyance . The dealership just dismisses the issue, as they cannot duplicate it. Any
    thoughts ?

2. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    What you described is impossible to blame on the car........UNLESS it is equipped with it's own cell service, like the Onstar that GM has.

I don't think Toyota has such a thing so all of the "phone" functionality really is in your phone, except for speakers and microphone which is what BlueTooth provides.

3. mendota1

mendota1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Why wouldn't the dealership tell me that. I have contacted Verizon and they
    stated that it is an issue with the vehicle , not the phone,

4. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    It is because NEITHER of them really knows how it is supposed to work.

Can you reproduce this at will ?

If not, you probably are screwed because the two companies will just keep pointing the finger at each other and you have no way to PROVE which end really is causing the problem.

What exactly do you mean by "It intermittently calls my own cell phone number, interrupting the radio , etc."
    What exactly happens ?

Seems like I remember something like that happening when the voice recognition "heard" something that it thought was a command.......but don't remember what car that happened in.

5. MPGesus

MPGesus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Have you ever had any issues connecting that phone to other Bluetooth speakers?

iPhone ?