1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Intermittent Starting Issues

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by chickharley, Apr 19, 2015.

1. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Can't imagine the stop light switch causing that issue

2. chickharley

chickharley New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    We just picked it up this morning. Husband said the brakes "weren't quite perfect" like they were grabbing a little suddenly. I'll try to look at the inverter coolant reservoir as Patrick Wong suggested tonight or tomorrow.

3. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    When you feel the brakes grabbing, try rolling at around 40 mph to a stop in NEUTRAL. Then brake as you would normally. Do that a few times and it'll stop grabbing.

Usually there's some residue on the brakes that grabs when you brake. Since the Prius is mostly electronic braking, the residue on the pads don't come off that easily. By going into NEUTRAL, that will disable the electronic braking and you can clean your pads while you brake

4. chickharley

chickharley New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It felt fine when I drove it last night. Crossing my fingers that this really solves all the issues we've been having with it.