1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Intermittent U0110-160 on 2010 P3

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by rqdb, Jul 23, 2021.

1. rqdb

rqdb New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hello,

I'm Alex from France.
    I'm here because I'm facing this DTC (see tile) every summer (only) when temperature is hot for 3 years now. Inverter has been replaced on warranty on 2018 after failure. Dealership around my location are really bad and can not help me so I'm trying to resolve this issue by myself.
    This DTC can happend anytime when it is hot while I am driving or just starting the car. When driving it stop the car, and I have to stop/start many time before it allow to drive again. Kind of dangerous...

Repair manual give procedure : can not attached ling so will do it later.

I have already check connectors on PMC ECU. Replug them and shake them but it was OK. Same on HV battery with Battey smart unit and jonction bloc. Also heated HV batterie up to 50°C/122°F, but no default. Also heated vehicule interior up to 40°C/104°F to see if default can come from ECU located behind glove box, but no default.
    Also check torque and arc marks on inverter cables (Motor, MG1 and MG2) but all OK.
    I will carry on with megohmmetre as soon as I get one and then scope if necessary.

Any idea on where to investigate ?

Find attached techstream scan data relating to this issue.

Attached Files: