1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Internet Explorer 7

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by Alnilam, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Oct 22 2006, 10:59 AM) [snapback]336442[/snapback]</div>
    Forget the above. I found an "Advanced Setting" that did the trick.

Now:
    What are Local Folders? Purpose?

How can I import three separate sets of old messages from my three different IE accounts into the three separate accounts I now have on Thunderbird? I want the three categories to remain separate. When I try to import, I get just the messages from my default IE account, but not the other two.

2. Jonnycat26

Jonnycat26 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Oct 22 2006, 03:05 PM) [snapback]336465[/snapback]</div>
    I assume you mean Outlook Express when you talk about IE accounts? If so, it may be easier to export your mail from OE and then import the exported mail to Thunderbird.

3. Alnilam

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jonnycat26 @ Oct 22 2006, 12:11 PM) [snapback]336468[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, my mistake: OE not IE.

Last attempt.

When I try to export from OE the messages go somewhere but I can't find them. No file address is mentioned.

When I try to import to Thunderbird, it doesn't find them and simply re-imports only the messages from my OE default address, not the other two..

4. Jonnycat26

Jonnycat26 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Oct 22 2006, 03:57 PM) [snapback]336485[/snapback]</div>
    You're going to have to point Thunderbird to the files manually, probably a mbox import.

As to where OE puts them, I can't help you with that. :( I've never touched OE.

5. Alnilam

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jonnycat26 @ Oct 22 2006, 01:00 PM) [snapback]336487[/snapback]</div>
    OK Thanks! OE sticks them into memory and will export only to Outlook. I guess I'll just leave OE on my computer a while, see if there is anything I really needed to save and, if so, just re e-mail them to myself in Thunderbird.

6. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Oct 22 2006, 12:02 PM) [snapback]336464[/snapback]</div>
    Tools * Account Settings, then select "Server Settings" under the account you want to change. Click the "Advanced" button and choose either "Inbox for this account" (which sets up separate inboxes) or "Global Inbox" (which puts all the email in the global inbox).

Doing this doesn't transfer the email you already have downloaded, so be careful about switching back and forth. Going from "Inbox for this account" to "Global Inbox" will delete the separate inbox and all the messages in it. But Thunderbird does warn you about that.

Tools * Account Settings, and then selecting an account also gives you the "Manage Identities" button, where you can manage multiple identities for each account.

7. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i'm on an imap server, which is why i didn't see the option in advanced settings. ;)