1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Interstate Purchase & Drive Home Advice Please!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by pre~us, May 9, 2012.

1. pre~us

pre~us Maverick~

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello!
    We are buying an 05 Prius that I will be driving from South Bend, Indiana to Viroqua Wisconsin where we live. I pick up this Sat evening. Anything anyone thinks I should know? We've never had a Prius and I've never driven one. The guy I'm buying it from is the original owner and has been very helpful so far. It's an option 6 and has all the options one could get in 05. Does anyone know if the stereo will play mp3 cd's? The car has 144xxx miles on it which is not what I had hoped for, but it's being sold by the original owner who has taken very good care of it so we hope to put a lot more miles on it, and we are paying $8500 which under the circumstances I think is a good price.

I tried to post a link but since I have not posted 5 times yet the forum will not let me. Here's a description of the car:

Outstanding example of the Prius. It's been my daily driver for the past seven years. Interior is perfect. Very reliable. Everything works. All options work as expected. Installed an integrated Sirius/XM satellite radio (uses the standard Prius interface). This car is package #6 (everything); see the picture of the window sticker for a complete list of options. Exterior shows signs of seven years of highway driving (no damage; just road rash). Very reliable. Tires are new. Just had the inverter and engine coolant changed at the dealer. The CVT fluid was changed within the last 2000 miles. A/C ice cold, All records, Always garaged, Factory GPS system, Fully loaded with all the goodies, Mostly highway miles, New tires, One owner, Satellite radio, Title in hand, Upgraded sound system, Well maintained.

If you want to see it, search for a silver 05 Prius listed at $9200 on Autotrader.

Thanks!
    Peter.
    [SIZE=-1] [/SIZE]

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    1) Just drive it! It emulates a 'real' car very well. [​IMG]

2) It won't start without your foot on the brake

3) At 144,000 the car will not have 'break in' issues, just you.

4) For the first couple of tanks, just get used to the car, then you can try all the MPG tricks.

5) I would change the Transaxle fluid if it has not been done in the last 60,000 miles (or ever) with WS ATF (should be about $100 at a dealer, much less as DIY) [Edit, Yours was done 2000 miles ago, never mind]

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-ii-...bleshooting/44124-changing-transaxle-oil.html

6) If it still has the original 12 volt battery, plan to replace it at the first sign of trouble.

1 person likes this.
  3. pre~us

pre~us Maverick~

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Isn't there a secret "unfold wings now" button I might push by mistake? Oh, maybe I'm mistakenly thinking of the time travel feature.....

4. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
  5. pre~us

pre~us Maverick~

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Very cute, and not far from the truth!!!

6. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That's a long way to go for a used car, but that one sounds like a cream puff. Anyway: read the 2005 Owner's Manual ASAP. If a copy doesn't come with the car buy it online or from a dealer.