1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Intro: Hello from Dallas, Texas

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by brentmeister, Jun 27, 2007.

1. brentmeister

brentmeister New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(carrie @ Jun 28 2007, 06:00 PM) [snapback]469703[/snapback]</div>
    Hey Carrie-
    Thanks for the additional information. I am going to do some test-driving on Saturday to rule out the Touring. I'm certain a base is what I'm after, but I need to be sure.

If they try to wrap all that ad-fee and floor fee, I'll be walking on the deal. I'm not opposed to going out of state, but I don't want to fly somewhere and have the same dirty tricks pulled. When the time comes, hopefully they will be honest about what they have on their invoice and what I have on my invoice...

I called a local guy to ask about a test drive, and this is someone that I know fairly well. He said they had around thirty on their lot and he said basically they are selling them for 200-300 over invoice. Now if they are padding the "invoice" with a bunch of add fees and floor fees, then that is apples and oranges... We shall see...

2. Jack Kelly

Jack Kelly New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Welcome, Brent!

I'd wait for an '08, and start asking dealers when they will start accepting "orders" on them if they haven't already.

And I'll second New Mexico and add Kansas. I bought my last Prius in a hurry, shopping as far away as western Kansas, since that region carries the package I wanted. The critters I talked to in KS were straight shooters.

Good luck.

3. wendlyn

wendlyn Junior Member

4. wendlyn

wendlyn Junior Member

sorry, the server was slow, I didn't realize I posted so many times in a row.

5. wendlyn

wendlyn Junior Member

yet again....

6. wendlyn

wendlyn Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brentmeister @ Jun 27 2007, 09:59 AM) [snapback]468799[/snapback]</div>
    I would stay away from Sport City(bad experience with them not wanting to honor the written deal I/they had signed in regards to price agreement). :angry: Toyota of Richardson is good, didn't have the options I wanted on the lot, so Toyota of Texas in Grapevine is where I landed. I paid below invoice by 1200.00 but that was in March. Go on Wednesday, that is a slow day on the lot...helps if it is raining too. They say they don't get paid by what they sell the car for, just how many they sell.... B)

7. kd5yig

kd5yig New Member

I live in Arlington and work in Plano, so I looked all over the metroplex when I bought mine in Jan. At the time they had just started selling Prii for under MSRP in the area.

Toyota of Plano lost my business when they tried to tell me they were still going for $3000 over MSRP.
    Don Davis in Arlington lost my business when their salesman started telling me things I knew from my research to be false.
    I ended up going with Vandergriff in Arlington. Just turns out that doing the configuration on toyota's website they had the model, package, and color I wanted on the lot. I had just totaled a Tacoma so I had the insurance check in hand and was able to put $5k down, and finance was handled through my credit union. They tried to beat the credit union on financing, best they could do was match it. However, my credit union automatically puts an extended warranty on every car they finance, so they won the financing.

Another good dealer in the area is the one in Duncanville, I believe it's Red Bird Toyota. My sister recently moved back to TX from CA, so she started looking at a van before she moved back. She had the dealership in Weatherford and Red Bird trying to sell her the same Seinna, all over the phone. Red Bird wanted $500 more for the Van, but the Weatherford dealership wouldn't budge on the MSRP on the extended warranty, Red Bird would.

Hope it helps.

8. brentmeister

brentmeister New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kd5yig @ Jun 29 2007, 02:20 PM) [snapback]470203[/snapback]</div>
    Hey - this (and all the replies) are great information. I am actually going to do some test driving this weekend to rule out (or perhaps rule in) the touring vs. base. Since I've already got all the other options decided - it's just a matter of waiting a few more weeks.... ;)

9. ShinerBTX

ShinerBTX Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Check out the Driftwood Pearl with the Bisque interior. What did you finally purchase?