1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Introduction to the gang

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by Auto-Moto.Link, Mar 25, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Auto-Moto.Link

Auto-Moto.Link New Member

Vehicle:
    2000 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello all,
    As I started working for a local Toyota-garage nearby Antwerp in Belgium, I decided to change my automatic Cit, for a Toyota.
    Not looking for the obvious, I searched the market for a model 1 Prius. This was 2010.

I found one, and with a bit of work (read: changing the battery, aircopump, forgotten maintenance, etc.) I was driving this 2001 Prius from 180.000 kms onwards.
    It served me well for over 8 years, which brings the cost/year down to 1.000 euros.
    Then it got stopped by hitting a 'guardrail' alongside the highway at 250.000kms.
    Still driveable, but horribly damaged. So exit.

Meanwhile I had purchased another one for spareparts, just in case.
    And searching the history, I found out it had served for Toyota France. Was made in Japan, june 2000. And was probably one of the first to have driven on European soil.

So this one was also 'refurbished' with the necessary maintenance, new battery, airco-make-over etc.
    Due to Covid-19, it is 'on hold', but will be registered as soon as we are allowed to travel again.

As a daily driver, I got hold of a Prius PlugIn 2013.
    But that is another story...

Next to my job as part-time salesman, I am also webmaster since 1999 of a parts-website.
    Also more about that, later. 20171102_174641.jpg

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!

all very interesting, can't wait to hear more.

all the best!