1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Inverter coolant pump. New pump may not be working.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Tennessee Chris, May 18, 2019.

1. Tennessee Chris

Tennessee Chris New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I installed a new inverter coolant pump today. I had all the alarms that I had read that were common to inverter coolant pump failure and even had the error code checked at Advanced Auto. After completing install and adding fresh coolant, I still couldn’t feel the pump pumping or see coolant moving in reservoir. I then checked all fuses related to hybrid although I didn’t read in owners manual a specific one that called out inverter coolant pump. I didn’t find a blown fuse. Is there a way to check if pump is getting power?

2. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    The inverter cooling pump is powered by the AM2 fuse. If AM2 is open, your dash will be dead. There was an electrical plug on the pump, right?

Was air bled from the system after the pump swap? Are you sure you connected the hoses correctly?

1. With your foot off the brake, press the power button twice. The pump should run in this condition. This is the best way to check for flow, as the engine will not start, so there's no false vibrations created in the coolant

If you have a meter, you can check for 12v at the electrical connector at the pump or at the connector by the inverter coolant reservoir. If there's no 12v at the connector after performing step 1, then you have a problem.

#2 TMR-JWAP, May 19, 2019
    Last edited: May 19, 2019
    Skibob likes this.
  3. Tennessee Chris

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks, I will give that a try.

4. Tennessee Chris