1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Inverter/cooler recall question pls

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by CarenM's Prius, Jul 24, 2013.

1. CarenM's Prius

CarenM's Prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I just bought a 2008 Prius this weekend from a Dodge dealership. First thing Monday I ran it to Toyota to be checked. They saw 3 recalls that had not yet been taken care of so I left the car there Monday and picked it up late the next day.

1 recall was the cooler pump, I assume for the inverter, Would they have automatically changed the fluid when repairing this recall? If, so I shouldn't have to worry about it for a while, correct? (Prius has 48,000 miles)

2nd recall was something with the steering column, What was that? Was it a big deal? Anything else to follow up on?

3rd recall was something about floor mats . Can't remember exactly.

My hubby is changing the tranny fluid next days off, the dealership wanted $150.

I will get an oil change at 50,000 or can I wait to 55,000? The Dodge dealer did do an oil change when they took possession at trade in.

Anything else I need to watch for or change before 60K?

2. nh7o

nh7o Off grid since 1980

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The dealerships are supposed to change the coolant as part of the recall. Some do not, and just pinch off the hoses and top off afterwards. You could ask them. Look in the coolant reservoir next to the inverter, and see what the liquid looks like. It should not look cloudy. If it looks sparkling clear then you are probably OK for a while. There are also test strips available to check on the coolant condition.

The steering shaft does not require any further attention.

The floor mat recall has to do with the mat supposedly sliding forward and interfering with the accelerator pedal. It now has hooks to keep it in place.

Oil is discussed here all the time. The UK's oil change interval is 1 year or 10K miles, if I recall correctly. Same engine. So you are probably OK.

CarenM's Prius likes this.