1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Inverter error P0A94 DC performance

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by BrendonG, Nov 25, 2019.

1. BrendonG

BrendonG Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Hi All, my 2009 Prius unfortunately threw this error last week. From what I have found in previous threads its the inverter unit that has gone, which is prone to failure anyway. Its driving fine still with reduced power. My questions are,

1. Is it still OK to keep driving around? Im not sure exactly how its getting power to the wheels but seems to be happy if you keep acceleration under 1/3.

2. Can I just grab a 2nd hand inverter from a wrecker and swap it out? Ive watched a few tutorials on this and have a mechanic as a friend. I'm aware we need to disconnect the HV pack before attempting any work.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Note: I am located in Australia and Toyota want to know nothing about it in regards to warranty.

2. BrendonG

BrendonG Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Can anyone help with this at all? Its still driving around OK but I need to sort it out. Have found a part at local wreckers for $400 so would like to swap it out over the xmas break.

Thanks

3. BrendonG

BrendonG Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    i-Tech
    The part number I have located is G9200-47140 and is out of a 2011 prius

4. Andrew Smillie

Andrew Smillie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius