1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Inverter failure after repairs on coolant pump

Discussion in 'Prius v Technical Discussion' started by Melvin murphy, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Melvin murphy

Melvin murphy New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    Recently purchased a 2013 Prius v , got a code for no flow on the inverter pump . After a little looking I found the wiring chafed going to the pump .I removed the three mounting bolts from the inverter just for a tad of clearance to access the wires . Made the proper repairs, cleared the codes ( Snapon Apollo ) code cleared . The car moved about 3 feet , shut down and now I have a poa08 dc/dc inverter status that will not clear . Never had this before pump repair . Verified wiring on the pump and pump is operating correctly . Any ideas

2. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Has the inverter TSB been done?

3. Tim Jones

Tim Jones Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    ----USA----
    So what happened?

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I don't think P0A08 implicates the service campaign (whether it was done or not).

In your post you don't actually say that you put the mounting bolts back and torqued them, before starting the car. Probably you just forgot to say that, but just to be certain: did you?

The Repair Manual (more info) has about 23 pages of workup steps for getting to the bottom of a P0A08 code. Kind of hard to give a short Cliffs-notes summary. The code reports the power management control ECU getting funny status back from the DC/DC converter; the workup steps include both checking whether the status signal wiring is funny, or the wiring is ok and the actual status is funny for various possible reasons.