1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Inverter installation question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Char92dj8, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Char92dj8

Char92dj8 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Have a 2008 prius, it needs an inverter installed. A local guy selling parts told me i can remove it, but after its installed it has to be programmed? Is this correct or will the new one plug in and work?

2. strawbrad

strawbrad http://minnesotahybridbatteries.com

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The inverter does not need to be programmed.

3. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It probably needs an inverter because the inverter coolant pump failed and it overheated the inverter and trans. Inverter failure is very rare otherwise on this car.

That pump failing is really common. It will be easy to replace you will have that area all torn up.

I would change the trans fluid too as it probably saw a bad overheat.Hopefully the engine didn't lose its head gasket.

Unless the inverter got blown up by a reverse jump start.

4. Char92dj8

Char92dj8 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Inverter was definitely bad, it was jumped wrong via my sisters friend and fried multiple fuses. I replaced all the blown fuses and it still was not right. I found a used inverter out of the JY for 100 bucks and threw it on. Car is running perfect again.

strawbrad likes this.
  5. Juan Carlos San miguel

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    hello the part number of the investor you placed was the same? was it not necessary to program?