1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Inverter pump extended warranty Q

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by no-name, Jul 6, 2018.

1. no-name

no-name Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Howdy,

Could not find and still cant find a complete answer. Did not see a post that addressed this to what I am looking for. If its posted already, Sorry.

I had all my dash lights go nutty and the red triangle and a bunch of other lights came on. I shut it down and then only the triangle and check motor were on. I freaked out for a day and then drove the car around a mile and the battery was holding and taking charge. I felt better. Due to work I needed to get this fixed asap so I took it to the local shop and it was diagnosed as an inverter water pump issue and was told I needed to replace it or the inverter would go. I said sure fix it up, better than replacing a battery.

Its now fixed. I have read here that the gen 2 2007 was covered under an extended repair for this part failing.

I called Toyota and was told my vin# has nothing connected to it for this extension.

Was this extension made to all 2007 Prius? Has it run out? Is/was it connected to certain vin# only as Toyota said? I would love to get this paid back as I was well overcharged after reading these forums but nothing I can do there at this point.

Any input is great. The person I spoke to said I could send in a claim and see what happens but I want to be able to back this up before I start getting into any more into any conversation with Toyota.

2007 base Prius.....125000+ miles.......No ac and a possible bad bearing in my front left.....owned since new

Thanks

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Glad to hear you're back on the road again. Pretty sure the time has run out on this repair extension.

Tell us more about your AC issue, or was it related to the Inverter Pump and now fully sorted?

Any DTC(s) you care to share?

Raytheeagle likes this.