1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Inverter pump plug

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Fredsimm, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Fredsimm

Fredsimm Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Been a while since I've been on here. Traded my 07 for a pickup truck. Yes I miss it. My daughter's 09 went through another inverter pump. With over 280,000 I'm not complaining. I had to cut the harness near the plug because the plug was frozen and I couldn't get it off. Then I lost the plug. Can anyone give me a part number or an aftermarket plug number. I've searched till I want to scream. As always any help is much appreciated

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Without signing in to TIS (more info) for the version specific to your year, in the 2006 manual that's probably still bouncing around the web somewhere, the connector at the pump (W3) has part number 90980-11162.

That's for the plastic connector housing. You'll also need two of the correct repair terminals and the materials to splice them in. Those part numbers can be looked up on TIS (here's how you do it), or the person at the Toyota parts counter can look them up for you when you stop in for the housing.

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    In a pinch you could do bullet connectors for the individual wires.

Fredsimm likes this.
  4. Fredsimm

Fredsimm Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Thanks for all the help. I did put temporary bullet connectors. I ordered a new plug and replaced it on Saturday and all is well.

Mendel Leisk likes this.