1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Inverter radiator replacement--$1100?!?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by worktheweb, May 16, 2012.

1. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    I posted a picture of the eavestrough mesh I installed on Pearl S over on "yet another comparison". I -strongly- recommend anyone think about doing this! The radiators/AC condensers are wide open to rocks and large insects. It's easy to do once you remove the bumper cover. It also "hides" the "works" inside.

A "little" harder without removing that. Approach it as a puzzle, otherwise it will drive you crazy doing it. I removed the top cover (three pop fasteners) and worked from there (the hole on the passenger side) using a string attached to each piece of mesh, a #14 "ground lead" from loomex with a hook fashioned on the end , and a paint stirring stick, all to position and hold the mesh before bending the zip ties and fastening them from the front. I had to cut the lower grill mesh in two so I could turn it horizontal, but it still works just fine. I zip tied them to the grill plastic vertical pieces. I also did this on Pearl, the GII I used to own and she has few insects in the grill after 5 years and 72,000 km.

2. mad-dog-one

mad-dog-one Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I remember reading some posts about a high pitch whistle at idle that was produced by some electrical component. My high frequency hearing so poor that I will never hear this kind of sound.

3. graham hendren

graham hendren Geeman .. taximan

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    ok so what was your outcome then? diy or garage . any probs doing it final cost? and how long to do the job etc?