1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Inverter Settlement--What Am I eligible for and what docs do I need?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by priusmouse, Aug 1, 2022.

1. priusmouse

priusmouse Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    My mom owned a 2013 Prius but has since traded it in. She got the inverter settlement paper in the mail today, and is wondering if she should do anything about it.

Is she eligible for anything if she has already traded the vehicle in? (The paperwork says people who "own or have owned"...so, yes?) She thinks she *might* have had an inverter problem with the old Prius but isn't sure.

She also has a 2017 Prius which afaik has not had an inverter problem...is she eligible for anything for that one?

2. beef jiggles

beef jiggles Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Read the notice. Go to the website. The information you seek is spelled out quite clearly. You can even put the VIN number in to see if you qualify.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    no one is eligible for anything unless they have a problem. hopefully, if they have a problem, it isn't getting rear ended by someone doing 80mph on the highway where your prius has died.

if she paid for a covered inverter repair when she owned it, she is eligible for reimbursement.

there is no extended warranty on the 2017 inverter.

JohnPrius3005 likes this.