1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

IOS 11 and Entune Connection

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by RCE1, Oct 7, 2017.

1. RCE1

RCE1 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I have an iPhone 6S+ and recently "upgraded" to IOS 11.02.

My phone has always connected easily with my stereo. I have the Gen4 Prius 4 Touring with Entune sound system. Even after the IOS update, it connects easily, but something has changed. It used to be that if I was listening to an audiobook on Overdrive, which I usually am, and got into the car, the programming would be what I was last doing, as long as the application was still open in the background of the phone.

Now, when I start the car up, my phone connects to my music files, even if music was closed and Overdrive audio book app was open. I have to change the phone over to the audiobook app every time now. This is somewhat annoying and I don't see any way to make a change on the phone. I have had situations recently where I would get music files playing on the stereo, start up my audiobook and have the stereo switch BACK to music. This is annoying as the sound levels of books and music are quite different and I find I'm getting blasted out with loud music when I start the car.

I will admit, I took the Entune app off my phone some time ago because it offered nothing to me that I found to be of interest, so I don' t know if it would make a difference or not.

2. jonespita

jonespita Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Same for me, and I haven’t used entune in forever, got tired of reentering my email/password. I just switch back to audiobook...

iPhone ?

RCO likes this.
  3. RCE1

RCE1 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    iPhone 6SPlus

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Could be an apple thing. Apple tends to change things for reasons only they know.

RCO likes this.
  5. djSyndrome

djSyndrome Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I posted about troubles with the iOS 11 beta a few months ago (iOS 11 Public Beta - connectivity issues | PriusChat). Your issue sounds different - that Apple is forcing 1st-party audio app (whichever you used last - podcasts or Music) when you connect. I do know that when I was last listening to a podcast through the Apple app, it starts up with that when I get into the car next.

I don't have any 3rd party audiobooks or music apps on my phone, but I'd be curious to see if this happens on the base (non-Entune) radio as well. May get Spotify and give it a try tonight.

6. RCE1

RCE1 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I have good news. I installed ios 11.0.3 and the problem has been rectified. Now, the audio picks up where it last left off, audiobook or music.