1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iOS 13, Stock Radio & pre-fab texts

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by dubit, Oct 11, 2019.

1. dubit

dubit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Anyone notice the button on the steering wheel that lets you call someone on your phones contact list (the one with the face) will now let you send one of those pre-fab texts set up in your cars audio system? Used to be this feature wasn't available with my iPhone, and if you tried you got some response saying this feature wasn't supported by your phone. (I'm assuming this is iPhone only since this did work with my old Windows phone)

Anyways, I hit this yesterday and for some reason told it to send a text. Low and behold those pre-fab texts showed up on the audio display. Intrigued I fired one off to a friend just to make sure it worked and sure enough, it worked flawlessly. I've kinda missed this feature since I jumped from my old Windows phone to the iPhone X.

I'm assuming this has something to do with iOS 13? It hasn't been available to me up until I upgraded to that version.