1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ios 5, Audible app and iPhone integration

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by hybridtwins, Feb 26, 2012.

1. hybridtwins

hybridtwins Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    All,

My wife listens to audio books from Audible.com on her iPhone. As of ios 5, there is now a dedicated Audible app to play back the content, and if I understand correctly, that content no longer resides in the iPod music library. So is there any way to access the content via the MFD when the iPhone is hooked up via USB? Could the Audible app perhaps be accessed via Entune? :confused:

2. Jayin

Jayin Future "C" Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't know if this is the right forum for your question sir. Have you tried creating a playlist for each audio book. I'm not familiar with this specific system but I know most ipod head ends will let you access the playlist section.

3. hybridtwins

hybridtwins Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Okay... after doing more research, I understand that Entune is primarily a cloud/streaming environment, so is not pertinent to my question. I was able to download an audiobook directly into iTunes and then sync the content to my iPhone, thus bypassing the Audible app. So I guess the issue is really between Audible.com and iTunes.

4. wongnog

wongnog Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Technology
    If you get the c3 or c4 they have Bluetooth audio streaming (lower models have Bluetooth hands free calling only), which will play any audio from a Bluetooth device like an iPhone.

5. Tek55

Tek55 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    If audible allows for airplay support, even with a lower model C, you can output via bluetooth and use audible content from within the audible app.

That is, provided audible allows for bluetooth audio output.

If a little box with an arrow in it shows up when your phone is paired with the vehicle and you try to use the phone, then you can just select your vehicle and output to it.

6. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I cannot access Audible from the Entune system. I simply stream it from my phone via Bluetooth and it works just fine.

7. PlutoISaPlanet

PlutoISaPlanet New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    that's not true. My II has Bluetooth audio streaming.

8. jdk0827

jdk0827 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE

9. ProximalSuns

ProximalSuns Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    You could put the Audible books in the phones iPod app vs. the Audible app.

I love listening to my Audible books in the car via the Bluetooth audio connection.

If you want to use the Audible app, couldn't you plug the iPhone into the cars Aux connection, like an MP3 player and listen to the Audible app that way?