1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by ChadRice, Jun 6, 2009.

1. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Hmm. That '07 is so last year (sorry, I mean "two years ago").:rolleyes:

I can't even recall, though I got all the info from a PC post. I'll start looking for it later tonight!

2. jpadc

jpadc Type before I think too often

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks HTMLSpinnr as that is exactly what I would suspect. The 2010 Prius must support contact transfers via a subclass of the telephone control protocol type (supported by iPhone) which the GEN II would only transfer contacts via OPP (which was the standard for virtually every other type of Bluetooth phone out there). However virtually all ALL of them limited the vcard format to one phone number per contact. Apple did not include OPP in part for that reason.

I still have seen nothing in any documentation or in the beta version of the 3.0 software that will suggests Apple is adding OPP support so it looks like us GEN II owners with phones will stay SOL on contact transfers after the update.

3. dakshah

dakshah Counting the dayz....

Model:
    III
    So once the contacts & numbers are transferred, how does one keep them in sync? I suspect it's necessarily a one-way bulk load from phone to Nav, so one has to sync periodically to get any new phone contact info into the Nav? Is the Nav smart enough to not create duplicates, and not delete any manually-entered contacts?

4. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I suppose we'll have to try it - my contacts are few enough where it wouldn't kill me to try this.