1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iphone 4 with Prius 2012

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ckfrancis, May 11, 2012.

1. RaZa

RaZa Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    There's 2 reasons I'd prefer to use an ipod. 1) It's 160 gigs. I'm only using about 50gigs of that with music, but reason 2) is I hope to be able to play video with it eventually as well through the head unit.

I only paid $180 for the 160gig ipod. That's not too bad considering the convenience of having all my music in one spot and the possibility of video playback. im going to exchange it to see if a new one works any better.

2. RaZa

RaZa Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    nope new ipod works no better at all. oh well

3. tach18k

tach18k Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    My 160 iPod lods the picture in about 5-10 seconds, but never crashes doing so. It can run for hours without a problem. Only problem is that it may not restart if the iPod is running and I turn the car off. It may or may not come on correctly

4. markabele

markabele owner of PiP, then Leaf, then Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Is there anyone that is not having at least a little bit of trouble with Apple products in regard to the USB?

5. Big Steve

Big Steve ramblin wreck

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My iPod works perfectly by USB.

iPhone 4 works fine, but not with Entune. Suspect it is Toyota rather than Apple problem.

6. jabecker

jabecker driver of Prii since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My iPod (it's an iPod Classic) works perfectly by USB. My iPod Touch also worked perfectly.

My iPhone 4s works perfectly either by USB or bluetooth. Entune works OK but seems fairly useless and I rarely try it.

I have a Prius Four with the solar roof package, so I have the "premium" 7" nav.

7. Kebler

Kebler Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four

My iphone 4s works ok with USB and Blutooth just fine but Entune Apps are another thing.

8. scalz

scalz New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Just adding my two cents: if I start entune on my iPhone 4S, then plug it into the USB port, then start the car, all is well. Seems like that order makes each device happy, and my 6.1 inch Nav display pops up 2 0r 3 approval messages for me to allow the connection to happen.

9. Hoosier1

Hoosier1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Prius Four with iPod Classic connected with USB has performed well with no crashes. The iPod is connected all the time and has music purchased from iTunes and Amazon up to four years ago. Having the album artwork displayed is great, as my BMW didn't have this feature. No resizing of artwork, as all my downloads have been standard. I have the 6.1 inch screen.

10. BornPriiOrDie

BornPriiOrDie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I have an iPhone 4S and usually use the USB cable. The photos load with no problems. The one thing that drives me crazy is that sometimes I have to change the setting and manually set the phone to use the doc connector instead of the car multimedia. Shouldn't it know to use the doc connector if it's plugged in? It usually happens using the MLB app, but also with music. Seems like a phone issue more than car issue, but it drives me crazy.

Anyone else experience this?