1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iPhone 5 Bluetooth audio sync delay

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by rstark18, Oct 21, 2012.

1. rstark18

rstark18 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Not sure if this is an issue on the 4s or any other model. But I've noticed that while watching any kind of video (not while driving of course, while parked waiting) there is a sync delay between the audio and video. This is with Bluetooth and ios 6 on the nav unit with 10.1. Anyone else have is issue?

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Does it repro with other Bluetooth A2DP streaming devices (e.g. headsets or speakers)?

For my previous job, we unfortunately disabled A2DP audio streaming when playing video on our (smartphone) product supposedly because there's no provision within the protocol for synchronization.

I don't know if this is actually true (it wasn't even remotely close to my area of responsibility, it was something I ran into) or has been remedied via protocol updates/improvements. And yes, I knew the iPhones of the time streamed it anyway.

3. Vas25tl

Vas25tl Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I haven't noticed this but I do notice there is a delay when I pick up the phone through BT.

4. Selzier

Selzier Whee!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have the same issue! It lags about 1-2 seconds behind. This occurs when playing apps, video, etc. I also have the iPhone 4s and from what I see other people with other phones don't have this problem :-/

5. Pinbot

Pinbot New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have the same problem as well. 4 different Iphones (4, 4s and 5). All lag a couple of seconds on Bluetooth, playing apps like Netflix or just music. When the software update came out for the Prius I thought it might be fixed but not so.