1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Iphone adapter when no AUX on radio

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Mattie, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Mattie

Mattie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I bought a used 2007 Prius with a base radio, thus no AUX and no bluetooth. I want to install an adapter so I can use and charge my iphone I am a newbie and not versed in auto audio lingo.

I've heard a few negative reviews on the Toyota adapter but am not sure I understand why. Any suggestions on what type of adapter to get and where to have it installed would greatly be appreciated.
    Thankyou
    Mattie

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hi Mattie -

This is probably the most popular and trouble-free iPod integration unit out there. It is cheaper than the Toyota solution and very easy to install. Any audio shop or your local Toyota dealer should be able to install it in under 30 minutes. Or you could do it yourself with the installation document included on the product page.

PriusChat Shop : DICE iPod Car Integration Unit [i-Toyota-R] - $143.95

3. Mattie

Mattie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I saw that one but could not find out if I had to have the AUX button on my radio. Will it work with the basde radio?

4. harpoon

harpoon Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just bought this from the Prius Chat shop, it'll do exactly what you need and it's a great price too. You plug it into a CD changer port that's on the back. Danny's the man.

5. Mattie

Mattie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    OK, so I don't need to have the AUX. How difficult is it to install? Do I have to take the dashboard off? What about answering phone calls?
    Thank you for your responses. I loved all the great gadgets in the high end priuses, but had to take what I cold get!
    Mattie

6. harpoon

harpoon Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Me too, got a used 2009 Prius that was stock except for cruise control which was an add-on. Most of that can be added aftermarket for cheaper anyway, like the backup camera etc.

It doesn't look too tough to install (do a search on DICE on the forum for guides). Maybe a half hour or so. You could do it by taking off the glove box and panel beside the deck, it appears.

Answering phone calls could depend on your phone. Going a bluetooth route could be an idea, something like a Parrot might be handy, or even a Parrot 9200 which looks to give both.

7. Mattie

Mattie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for all the responses. Can anyone tell me the difference or pros and cons of the Dice vs the Parrot?
    Thanks,
    Mattie

8. Mattie

Mattie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Also, does anyuone know anything regarding lockpick, Neo Prolink or USA Spec ?

9. harpoon

harpoon Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    all I know is what Google and searching/reading a whole pile of forum posts led me to. Don't have much hands-on but for my needs I went with the Dice.