1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Iphone and bluetooth connection

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by Cheryl McClure, May 17, 2013.

1. Cheryl McClure

Cheryl McClure New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    My phone is connecting fine through bluetooth. BUT, suddenly I started having just one artist stay on over and over and over. I did not tell it to play just that artist and I cannot get it to stop. Two other times this happened and I turned off the whole audio , turned it back on and it worked as it should.

Does anyone have any idea what I did or is there a glitch I need to report. I have not had this car two months yet.

2. Offline

Offline Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Maybe you should report the problem to Apple since they don't like to adhere to the Bluetooth SIG's specifications.

3. cetac93

cetac93 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I would try selecting "browse" "song" ( rather than artist) and pick any song to play. That might reset it to random play.

4. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I think it's called shuttle

5. Cheryl McClure

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I've tried that and it worked in the past... Shuffle and browse are brayed out when I was trying for some reason. I have now checked my music app on the phone in the house away from the car and hope it will work correctly when I get in again next time.

JMD likes this.
  6. Cheryl McClure

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    For now... changing to shuffle songs back in the house (on the phone) got the blue-tooth away from being locked in to one album. I haven't a clue why it happens as I didn't even tell the app to 'find more songs like this one". I did that one time and it did that same thing...but I was able to get it to stop by turning on and off the whole audio. Like someone said, it could be an Apple thing.

JMD likes this.
  7. digitalsherpa

digitalsherpa New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

It's not your phone! It's that crappy Entune. My iphone works fine in other systems like Ford Sync. My dealer was of no assistance, so I called Toyota USA. Opened up a technical support ticket to document the issue. They are aware of it and are working with Apple. But the problem is how Entune handles iOS 6.X, not with iOS 6 itself. Anyone tries to tell you it's your phone is full of it. Entune has issues period. And Toyota isn't breaking any speed records fixing the problem!

8. Cheryl McClure

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    well. I hope they straighten it out. Mentioning Ford, all I've ever heard is that Ford Sync is not good, complicated and I read that through Consumer Reports which is an independent review.