1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iPhone Aux Cable

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by 2kids2dogs, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Keiichi

Keiichi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I really don't believe that they ate standard to th sale of the car but more of an option that the dealership can offer on their own. I don't believ, also, that the dealerships would put them in all the cars as some people may not use that option, even thought they bought a car that would support it.

2. Guill

Guill Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I stand corrected; I went back and looked at the window sticker from my V and discovered that the AUX/IPOD cables are not standard on the V.

Rather the AUX/IPOD cables are a "Distributor Installed Option." The cables are listed at $19.98 ... still a pretty good deal for both cables.

3. Keiichi

Keiichi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Like I said, probably a dealer throw in type of thing. :) Might stand out easier for people who obviously show they have an iPhone where as me, with a Droid, I didn't need it and showed I had little problem understanding how it works.

4. Priuskat

Priuskat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I used a my previous car stereo cable that worked great in my 2007 Prius to connect Iphone to car so I could listen to podcasts. Now have a PIP, same car - a lot of static . . . . . . bought new cable - still static . . . bought a 3rd expensive cable - still static . . . went into my husband's Camry (Iphone worked fine with his cable) - on my car - Statis - ugh! this is frustrating - I might have a bad connector on my car?

5. 12get12

12get12 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I have not found a reason to use the 1/8 Aux Jack yet. I normally use the bluetooth to stream my music and phone functions.