1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iPhone bluetooth "on" means "red triangle of death, problem and color display" hybrid failure

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by ksspyder, Oct 16, 2013.

1. ksspyder

ksspyder Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Why oh why do those pesky warnings illuminate come on for a day, then off for a while, then... ?
    Took car down to my mechanic with warnings illuminated. Leave car. No symptoms, lights or codes. Car drives fine both for him and me.
    There are couple other variables - we use ancient key fob to give to mechanic, car parks nose down at mechanics lot,
    I will keep testing my theory. Perhaps it is not radio waves, but that the car bluetooth radio is on and doing something.
    2004 225,988miles. A previous drop in mileage was cured with new Iridium plugs.

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Your post is vague but perhaps you should test your 12 volt battery: Weird stuff happening? MPGs dropping? Test The Battery | PriusChat.

If you're on your original 12 volt, it needs replacement NOW!

A low/weak 12 volt on a Prius will NEVER exhibit symptoms of weak starter cranking nor starter unable to turnover the engine as the Prius has no dedicated starter motor and it's not started by the 12 volt. It's started by the big HV battery and one of the MGs in the power split device.

If you're getting check engine lights, then you need something to read the DTCs (codes) and then you need to post them. Without them, we're flying blind.