1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iPhone Case and Protection

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by TonyPSchaefer, Apr 14, 2009.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I keep mine in the Otter Box...several bounces and it's in good shape and I'm protected from weather and drops and everything.
    We've Got Technology Covered // OtterBox.com
    [​IMG]

2. DarrenG

DarrenG Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've always used Griffin cases for day to day use and the Otterbox Defender for any outdoor purposes.

The Otterbox Defender comes with a belt holster and it doubles as a stand for viewing movies etc. I reviewed it a while back here.

In-car I use a ProClip adjustable mount (Brodit in Europe) which allows me to dock my iPhone in it's case.

3. liverbomb88

liverbomb88 Push the Button!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    We like the http://www.amazon.com/Marware-SportShell-Convertible-iPhone-Black/dp/B002MY524G setup. Fun to track runs with free app RunKeeper.

Also like thehttp://www.amazon.com/dp/product/B001GRRVBC?tag=priuschatcom-20 It's sleek, feels grippy, and the bottom doesn't slide off accidentally. You can get it with a face in clip if you plan to wear it on a belt.

4. bighouse

bighouse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have a case from Countours that has a holdster and a belt clip on it. I like it a lot as I can easily flip the phone around to face screen out, or screen in should I want more protection for the screen. About the only thing they didn't anticipate was the use of the camera, so I had to drill and sand/polish two holes in the holdster to align with the camera no matter which way it was snapped into place. Now I can use the camera without having to remove the phone from the holdster.

5. RobsF-350

RobsF-350 Powerstroker!!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have an iPhone 3G, got a case from AT&T, it sucks, but it is functional. as for teh screen protector, go with the invisishield. it is a bit spendy, but well worth it. nothing has been able to put a scratch in this shield..