1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iphone continued power on LONG trip

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by fgp, Apr 29, 2016.

1. fgp

fgp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    im getting ready to do about a 1200 round trip to daytona and back to home in nashville. i just joined audible and will be listening to audio books all the way down. how do i hook up. the blue tooth works fine. im just wondering on a 12 hour trip if i just plug into ...well what exactly to keep going all that way without phone running out of power.

2. drash

drash Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Just plug the iPhone's USB cord into USB socket in the front of the console between the front seats. It'll charge your phone and you can even use the phone via the USB plug as well.

iPhone ?

3. fgp

fgp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    great answer. i was feeling that it would drain too much power for the usb to handle

4. SAronian

SAronian Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Playing audio while charging the iPhone works well, however using the USB port may take priority over Bluetooth.

I use this AUKEY Car Charger which has enough amperage to charge while using GPS navigation apps and remaining on Bluetooth.

fgp likes this.
  5. fgp

fgp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    you know, i think i might just order one. they are cheap enough (about $13) and will take care of power and charge anxiety too. thanks

6. fgp

fgp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    did it....believe it or not amazon says it will be here may 1. i ain't bitchin thats for sure