1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iPhone integration

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by bl117, Nov 30, 2011.

1. bl117

bl117 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have seen many threads on iphone integration into a Gen 2 prius. Having one myself I followed the idea of the stealth install of a JVC unit I had laying around (Thanks to F8L for the idea). The JVC KD-R810 has bluetooth and seems to work great. I left the factory stereo installed and connected the front pre-amp out (RCA connectors) to the aux port so that I could leave the rest of the dash/steering wheel controlls/etc intact. After doing some searching I've come across this... Boss Audio 758DBI. Boss has a genius idea. I figured I would start a thread where we can post options/completed setups instead of griping about bluetooth not working. I'm currently looking to replace the stock JBL radio with a double din device and am looking for ideas. Currently the only android powered reciever is made by parrot and is horribly short sited. I'll accept anything as a valid idea as long as it's on topic. I've even thought about building a PC and using a touch screen. If you have this sort of setup please post pics with an explanation so others can atempt it. Before anyone complains about other threads of this nature, please know that I've been searching for ideas on here ever since I bought my 07 Prius but am yet to find a thread on this exact topic. Can't wait to see what all of you have done/come up with.

2. jpadc

jpadc Type before I think too often

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, I am thinking of this unit
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/product/B004HW6F9C?tag=priuschatcom-20 for my Prius, but for another vehicle. I like that it is set up to integrate well with Pandora on the iPhone which I use frequently, but will also let me play live radio streams or other iPhone audio/video apps with it. More money, but seemingly better.