1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iPhone, iPhone!!!!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Alric, Jan 9, 2007.

1. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I walked into the Boca Town Center and went into the Apple store. They opened at 9 AM., Saturday. And then I walked up to the counter, and got one.

No line.

No one there.

TONS of the phone was there.

And then later, I called my buddy Ian who works there. The word had got out that they had them, and they were selling fast, with a line then.

At home typing with it now. And I have Wi-Fi. Which means it moves. I was at a restaurant earlier, and used the EDGE and it worked well. Not as fast, but okay.

For the first time, I have text messages, and wow, that's neat.

I said, Wth, and got the unlimited text messages. Why not, for now? I also, being a Cingular, er, AT&T customer already, had to bump my plan up to get the DATA stream. No big deal; my voice plan stayed the same, with the rollover and all. What astounds me is how you register with iTunes. Are we some day going to buy a car with iTunes?

Am I kidding?

I love the phone, but I almost wore out the battery. Fourtunatly, for me, I have an VAIOS iPod deal in my car (it being the device that fools my stereo into thinking it has a MD Changer, so I can run my iPod, and use the steering wheel controls, plus see the information on the tracks; that sort of thing), I have one in my car, and hooked up the iPhone to it, and charged away. Plus played my tunes through the system. How cool is that?

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    *Sigh*.

Well, if I were to get a cell phone it would be an iPhone. I'll think about it when I get my next Prius...2009 model or maybe 2011. Depending on the redesign, batteries, plug in(?) etc. My HOV stickers don't expire until 2011. By then the iPhone will be in what generation? And probably not locked by then either. No telling what it will do and what it will look like.

3. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    AT&T has an exclusive 5 year contract, so it will still be locked.

The current rumor mill seems to think that Apple will update the iPhone at most once a year - possibly only once every two years to coincide with people renewing their plans.

4. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Jul 1 2007, 11:14 AM) [snapback]471031[/snapback]</div>
    First it's two years. Then it's three. Now it's five?

Well, maybe by the time I buy that plug in, LiIon Prius (or EV Prius) AT&T will have improved their service and Apple upgraded the iPhone to the extent that I don't care.

5. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Jul 1 2007, 09:55 AM) [snapback]471042[/snapback]</div>
    A consumer buying and activating an iPhone must sign a two years service agreement with at&t Wireless Services.

at&t Wireless Services has a five year agreement with Apple to be the exclusive service provider for the iPhone.

6. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    apple always had a 5 year exclusive contract with at&t, everything else was just rumor.