1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iPhone/iPod Integration into 2005 Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by phantom5251, Mar 14, 2010.

1. phantom5251

phantom5251 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello all, I know there are a few threads on this, but didn't really see what I was looking for. Was just curious as to what the best way is to integrate the above into my 2005 Prius? I have the single disc factory CD player, and no AUX input. Would love to be able to integrate it with the touch screen controls, but just looking for the most economical way. Do places like Best Buy offer anything? Thank you for the help!

2. devprius

devprius /dev/geek

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm looking for the same information. The DICE Silverline is supposed to work, and is sold via the store here on Priuschat, but I've seen a number of postings indicating that it is very flakey. I've been sitting on the fence for a while waiting to pull the trigger on one of these.

For now I've been using a tape casette adapter with the factory 6-CD changer/tape-casette radio. It works, but I really want to a) be able to use the steering wheel controls and b) see the Artist/Album/Track info on the MFD.

I had an oppurtunity to rent a 2010 Prius that had the fancy stereo in it. Built-in ipod dock (USB port, you have to provide your own cable), and the ability to stream audio via bluetooth. If you stream the audio, you don't get title/artist/album info, and you can't browse, but you can go back and forth within a playlist with the steering wheel controls, and it will automatically start playing again when you get back in the car (tested with my iPhone 3GS). Plug in the ipod/iPhone into the USB port and you get the full browsing experience on the MFD. Way cool.

3. GeekEV

GeekEV Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If it has CD changer controls (even if no CD changer is installed) you should be able to find an aftermarket CD changer to aux adapter. Then I'd use FlickTunes (see my sig), though I'm partial to it because I wrote it. But this is just the sort of thing I wrote it for.

I have an original DICE unit (not silverline) that I had gotten for my 2006 Prius, but it was really flaky too. If someone wants to buy it off me, I'd let you have it for cheap. Make me an offer in a PM.