1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iPhone Lightening socket integration

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ojay, Dec 26, 2018.

1. ojay

ojay Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Can anyone tell me is there any kind of kit available for reasonably straight forward integration with a 2008 iTech head-unit if there is no existing iPod kit attached?

I realise you can get ipod dock-lightening adapters but I don't have the iPod kit and figure there must be a better approach for my situation.

My aux-in port has the feedback fault and rather than solve that it seems like an idea to have something that'll allow me to control from the wheel and have my phone on the dash without a cable snaking into the armrest.

Thanks for your time.
    Oscar

2. ojay

ojay Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok so my ears are bleeding after all the reading, looks as though most of the reasonable units (both wired and bluetooth) are either no longer available or comparable in cost to a reasonable new headunit.

I don't know much about car audio, I know there are going to be many kits that don't fit the JBL amp/Nav unit setup but I'm not really doing a very good job of establishing what it is that makes one unit compatible and another one not (short of custom loom patches).

Can anyone suggest a low-end solution that integrates bluetooth and does not involve mad creative installation skills to install?