1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iPhone :: Prius thread

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Alric, Jul 2, 2007.

1. jabecker

jabecker driver of Prii since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    One more quick follow-up...

I turned wi-fi and push off, and now I can make calls with no problem. Sound is great and it connects beautifully with no air-horn blasts or weird fax noises.

But the handsfree will not answer the phone.

I have to answer the phone manually and then switch it over to the handsfree, and then everything is hunky dory.

Anyone else having this issue?

2. Skycow

Skycow New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

I don't know what the SDK is, but when I looked it up it didn't look like it would be something that would help me get my contacts from my iphone to my car.

Anyone ever successfully transfer contacts from the 3G to the Prius?

3. Syclone

Syclone Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Downloaded 2.0 over the weekend. The Iphone continues to operate flawlessly, (except for no ability to transfer phone book). Apple is, apparently, listening, because some of my pet peeves about the phone, like having to delete emails one at a time were addressed. I had used Ziphone to hack the phone so I could download applications, but there are so many now available from the app store, that feature is hardly needed. I'm just waiting for 2.0 "unlock". Turning on an Iphone overseas with the ATT SIM in it can be hazardous to your wallet.

One problem I have had is due to my absentmindedness. I keep the phone in my pocket, along with sundry other crap (phone in right pocket, key in left pocket). Fairly often I forget to pick up the phone from the kitchen counter. When I get into the car, it pairs from 15 feet away, leading me to believe that the phone is in my pocket. Of course, as soon as I drive off, the connection breaks. The problem is that the display doesn't say anything for about a minute. I have to turn around and go back for the phone.

4. ZA_Andy

ZA_Andy Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There is no means to transfer an iPhone contact list to the Prius - Apple have hobbled the BT implementation in the iPhone such that while the Prius is theoretically capable of accepting the data from it, the iPhone cannot send the data.

You will either have to enter it manually, or use a different BT phone with your contact data in it.

5. Syclone

Syclone Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Oddly enough, my Garmin 360 has no problem snagging my iphone phonebook when I pair them up.

6. knowledgeseeker

knowledgeseeker New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I had a similar problem with my Verizon / Motorola phone (which also does not support the necessary Bluetooth protocol). As a workaround, I initiated the phone book transfer from the phone; then, using my Mac Powerbook's Bluetooth, I sent the contacts to the Prius. They all went over in a burst. It turns out that one can sync between my phone and the PB, so all 3 were sync'd. But I have not done this in 9 months so I can't recall how finicky the timing was.

Maybe this'll work for the iPhone. I sure hope so, since I plan to buy one ...

7. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Has anyone used Dynolicious? From the App Store description:
    It's in the app store for $13.

1 person likes this.
  8. PDWadler

PDWadler Prius (and Cubs) fanatic

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Since I posted my problem, oh, about a page back, that my Prius answers the phone for me automatically, nobody else has chmed in on that. Am I the only person this is happening to?

9. tongyang

tongyang Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I have a Prius 2006 too, and both my iphone and 3g works just fine receiving calls from bluetooth (doesn't answer phone automatically)

10. Lveh8lve

Lveh8lve New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Has anyone noticed diminished voice quality when the navigation system is in use? I've had complaints every single time I'm using the nav that people can't hear me. Once I turn off the nav, it improves.

11. tongyang

tongyang Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    No problem here when using the nav, either.

12. OlsonBW

OlsonBW New Member

I'm going to try this with my PowerBook. It is a G4 and didn't come with bluetooth but I bought a USB to bluetooth "card" which I connect a bluetooth keyboard and mouse with. It'll be interesting if this works.

13. OlsonBW

OlsonBW New Member

So how's it going with the iPhone app to sync contacts with the Prius? Any luck? Have you gotten "approved" yet by Apple?

14. knowledgeseeker

knowledgeseeker New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I'll be interested in learning how it goes for you -- keep us all posted.

Good luck, too.

15. GeekEV

GeekEV Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Unfortunately, due to limitations in the developer's kit, this is not technically possible at this time. The kit does not allow low enough level access to the bluetooth hardware. I tried. :(

16. Bananafish

Bananafish New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have the same problem! 16Gb iPhone. I also have call quality issues....echoes, breaking up, etc.

17. Kremtok

Kremtok Smug Alert!

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
  18. matt_perez

matt_perez New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I just went to the Apple store yesterday and the "genius" couldn't find anything in the knowledge base, so I am not sure Apple is aware of this problem. It is almost December, I've upgraded to v2.2 and the delay in connecting outgoing calls is still very much there.

19. sometech

sometech New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Sadly I read the SDK searching for a way to do this and apple does not allow developers access to the bluetooth features.

20. sometech

sometech New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    This should be technically feasible. However it's going to be a hack. I was able to pair with both the toyota nav and my Tundra's Pioneer. But when I tried to push an address, my powerbook said "service not available". As of right now, I think the hack needs to be either a stand alone program on the osx laptop or a plugin for isync. If anyone has any further ideas on this or experience with apple bluetooth on the powerbooks, please post or email me.

There is a way to do this via widows and it's published elsewhere on this site.