1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iphone vs mytouch

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by lefat1, Oct 19, 2009.

1. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    The ringer isn't obnoxiously loud, but it's certainly loud enough - i've never had a problem with it. In fact, there's a guy who sits about 30 yards from me at work who never turns his volume off - every time he gets an e-mail and his phone beeps, i end up checking mine to see if it was me.

VOIP services are available on the iPhone (although at one time they were not). In fact, Skype is available as a free app right now (iPhone Apps ? download Skype for iPhone and iPod touch). The only draw back with VOIP services, however, is that they can only be used over a wifi connection (from what i've read). You can't use them over AT&T's wireless data network (3G or Edge). That is a restriction in place in Apple and AT&T's contract, and from a business standpoint only makes sense - AT&T doesn't want to let you use their unlimited data network for what would otherwise be a huge number of minutes they can sell you.

On a side note, i'm disappointed that we don't have anyone here to talk about the MyTouch... i haven't had a chance to see or use one, and it would be nice to have an honest comparison.

2. darlindoll

darlindoll New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have had the iphone for over a year now and just switched to the mytouch and I LOVE it way more than my iphone 3gs that I had. I was so skeptical to switch because I was a major iphone lover, but the my touch is a lot more convenient in my opinion. The multitasking helps a lot in making things quicker and there are just a lot of other things I like on it that I don't have time to go into right now. The touch screen is good, it has plenty of good apps and its just an awesome phone.

3. Sandy

Sandy Hippi Chick

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hang in there to summer the next iPhone is amazing.

4. Sandy

Sandy Hippi Chick

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    you can get google voice if you JB it which gives you free calls all day long and a other number.