1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iphone x and etune, plus question about syncing addresses

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Matthew J Anderson, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Matthew J Anderson

Matthew J Anderson New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have a 2012 Toyota Prius with Display Audio with Navigation and Entune® App Suite. I have an Iphone X. However, the phone pairs with Bluetooth successfully, but I cant seem to get internet to work. I put in my etunes email and password when I try to set it up. Unfortunately, when I go to the Etune app and try to "connect bluetooth" with the car, it says "looks like we're still having trouble connecting... etc etc etc.... And when I go to press the apps button on the unit, then try to select "fuel prices," it says that the internet connection failed.

I am wondering if the Iphone X is not compatible with this feature?

I tried connecting with my samsung galaxy tab A, and I have no problems connecting to etunes with it.

I am at a loss on this issue.........

ALSO, another question! I wonder if it is possible to somehow sync google map, or on demand addresses to the navigation system in the car automatically as I drive for uber/lyft and other gig economy jobs. Is there a app that can enable this to be done, like a switching device/app that automatically exports every address to the system?

2. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    You have to enable hot spot thru WiFi and Bluetooth on the iPhone. Sounds like your just transmitting audio thru Bluetooth, and have not enabled hotspot.