1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

IPM replacement and Inverter Coolant drain/replace charges

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Chris Hallgren, May 4, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Chris Hallgren

Chris Hallgren New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    So I recently had recall j0v done on my car because I was experiencing the inverter failure. They repaired it and replace the IPM. I'm noticing on my bill they charged me for an Inverter Coolant Service, Drain and Refill. Wouldn't this be covered under the warranty since you have to drain the inverter to work on it?? Did I just get hosed by the dealer? If so does anyone have "2011 Prius: Intelligent Power Module Transistor Removal" TIPS document that I can show the dealer the coolant needed to be drained and refilled.

I did have them replace the fender lining which they didn't replace it until I called them out on it when I was picking up the car.

I also had them Clean of HV battery air intake screen and blower. When I looked in the air intake I could still see cat hair and then I pulled the system apart and found lint, dirt and hair stuck on the blower blades.

2. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Easy explanation, they didn’t do it. Another one bites the hose.

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Maybe post the name of this marvelous dealership?

Maybe an email to Toyota USA? The latter do tend to brush people off, say deal with the dealership, but this is getting beyond that. What's their logo: Team Passive-Aggressive?